Topic: Summary of duplicate record Posted: 01 Jul 2012 at 11:20pm
Hi all,
I'm stuck on a
report. I cannot change the source report data and want create summary data.
The report data is
only basic employee data from an ERP system.
Basically I have
Employee, Payroll
date, idle time, Payhours
My problem is I
can have a number of idle time records for 1 day
eg.
Emp123,1/7/2012,5.5,5.83
Emp123,1/7/2012,.33,5.83
Emp123,2/7/2012,.23,5.00
Emp123,3/7/2012,.33,6.83
Emp123,3/7/2012,1.43,6.83
I have created a
group at employee level and date. I want to create a summary for each employee
with idle time vs. pay hours
Because of the duplicate records I get the incorrect results
for pay hours, I have tried in the date group level to count the record for
each day and divide by the summary of pay hours to give me a correct daily time
but I cannot summarize this field to employee group level.
I hope this makes sense any help would be appreciated
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 10:13am
No, because Crystal won't let you do a summary on a formula that uses Previous() or Next().
Take a look at what I wrote - you need to create a New Running Total in the Field Explorer. When you do this you'll see a form that has a place for entering all of the information I gave you in my previous post.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum