Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: How to suppress data? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
mutlyp
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 30 May 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote mutlyp Replybullet Topic: How to suppress data?
     Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 7:42pm
I have a subreport that has 3 fields:
Category
SubCategory
Specific
 
I would like the data for these fields to look like this on the report:
 
Category - Subcategory - Specific
 
The problem is that sometimes there is no Specific so then I would like it to look like this:
 
Category - Subcategory
 
How can I do this?
Thanks for the help
IP IP Logged
lolly54
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 25 Sep 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 58
Quote lolly54 Replybullet Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 8:27pm
if you click on the field and "Format Field"

Go to the Suppress formula section and try

isnull(Specific)

This should suppress the field if it does not return anything. Smile
IP IP Logged
mutlyp
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 30 May 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote mutlyp Replybullet Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 9:53pm
thank you for the response. What about the "-" infront of Specific? How do I supress that?
Thank you again
 
IP IP Logged
mutlyp
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 30 May 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote mutlyp Replybullet Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 10:10am
Figured it out. I just did the codeing to format the strings the way I wanted in the view and did a case statement to get the format I wanted.
thanks for the help
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum