Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Data record, tied to a MIN Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Fran Losey
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 29 Jun 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote Fran Losey Replybullet Topic: Data record, tied to a MIN
     Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 9:37am
I have a very simple report, which lists the Summary MIN and Summary MAX values of a field in a table.  It is displayed in a group header. 

I am not understanding how to also list a second field (a date and time field) next to the corresponding MIN or MAX displayed summary value in the same group header row.

Can someone shed some light for me?

Thank you in advance. 
Conceive, believe, achieve!
IP IP Logged
Fran Losey
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 29 Jun 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote Fran Losey Replybullet Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 3:12am
I see 12 views, no replies, which tells me I was probably not very clear in what I was asking for.....

Basically I have a table with a value field (number) and a date field.

In the header I list the Min value, and want to also display the date field next to the MIN value that corresponds to that min.

How do I tie the record number of the MIN to the table to show the Date?

I hope that makes it clearer.....
Conceive, believe, achieve!
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 3:40am
Rather than using Min and Max, you could sort your data on the value field (Sort, not Group!).  You would need a group on another field.  You then put the value and the date in the group header and the group footer.  This will give you the min and max values and the dates because the smallest value will be available in the group header and the largest in the group footer (or vice versa if you sort descending.)
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum