Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Using Subreport result to filter in main report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
lolly54
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 25 Sep 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 58
Quote lolly54 Replybullet Topic: Using Subreport result to filter in main report
     Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 8:10pm
Hi,

I have two separate reports, which I am trying to use the result of the first report to filter the second report.

I used array (shared variable) and the array displayed in the second report. However, it did not allow me to use it in the selection field.

I am running out of methods... got stuck with these two reports... Confused will any of you be able to give me a hand?

Thanks a lot!

IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 3:27am
I am guessing, but the array is basically an unknown to the report, so it doesn't know how to use it in the selection.
 
I would try using it in the filter selection portion.  There you can write a formula that can check the correct field against the correct value in the array.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
lolly54
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 25 Sep 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 58
Quote lolly54 Replybullet Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 3:19pm
Thanks HTH.

I could write a formula, but Crystal came back with the following error:
"This formula cannot be used because it must be evaluated later."

Any idea what I could possibly try next?
Thanks in advance..




Edited by lolly54 - 28 Jun 2012 at 3:33pm
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 6:42am
perhaps I used 'formula' incorrectly.  In the record filter selection, add the logical code (this is what I meant by 'formula'..sorry) that will result in true (keep the row of data) or false(omit this record)
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum