Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Ending a page of labels? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jbrunner02
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 19 Jun 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote jbrunner02 Replybullet Topic: Ending a page of labels?
     Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 8:54am
Hello all,

I'm trying to edit a report so that it ends after printing 2 labels. Currently after the 2 labels are printed the printer pages down a full 8.5 X 11 page wasting all the labels in between.

I have gone into the section expert and tried adding in a keep together in the page footer with no luck. I also noticed that new page after is selected and grayed out so I can't uncheck it, is this normal? I'm a total CR noob so hopefully I'm just missing something easy.

Crystal reports version 9.2.2.634

Thanks for any and all suggestions,

Jeff

Edited by jbrunner02 - 19 Jun 2012 at 9:08am
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 7:29am
just to clarify, it is only supposed to print the 2 labels...that's the entire report, so to speak?
 
If so, I don't that there anything can do about it...CR says print this page and sends it to the printer, which prints the page and ejects it.
 
a more complex solution might be to tell the report how many rows of labels to skip before it starts printing so that the rest of the labels on the sheet can be accessed.
 
If it is that there are 2 labels in group, and then you have another group of labels to be printed, I would remove any new page before or after on the groups.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
jbrunner02
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 19 Jun 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote jbrunner02 Replybullet Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 7:54am
Originally posted by lockwelle

just to clarify, it is only supposed to print the 2 labels...that's the entire report, so to speak?
 
If so, I don't that there anything can do about it...CR says print this page and sends it to the printer, which prints the page and ejects it.
 
a more complex solution might be to tell the report how many rows of labels to skip before it starts printing so that the rest of the labels on the sheet can be accessed.
 
If it is that there are 2 labels in group, and then you have another group of labels to be printed, I would remove any new page before or after on the groups.
 
HTH
 
Thanks for the reply.
 
I have removed the new page before and after in the groups with no luck. I think you're right about it not being possible. = /
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum