Joined: 15 Jun 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Topic: Crystal using @variable('BOUSER') Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 5:17am
I am very new to both Crystal Reports and BO. I would appreciate any and all suggestions to help with my issue. I have created my report (stacked bar chart) in Crystal. I would now like to restrict the person's view that will be running the report so they are only allowed to see what applies to them. I know that I need to connect to a Universe and use the @variable('BOUSER') in BO, but I am not able to get Crystal to recognize this.
Joined: 15 Jun 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 3:01am
Ryan,
Thanks for the help. I am trying to use the currentceusername instead but I am still having some issues. I am connected to the BO Universe through Crystal and I would like to use custom SQL within the Business Objects Query Panel but it will not give me that option. (It allows me to do this when using BO only, but not in the Universe through Crystal Reports. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks again for the help,
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 4:03am
You can't use custom SQL in Crystal when connecting to a Universe. You could, however, connect directly to the database and enter your SQL in a Command and run your report that way. You don't mention which version of Crystal you're using, but if you're using Crystal for Enterprise 4.0, this will not work as that version will only connect to the database through a universe.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum