I have several Crystal Reports that were created many years ago to gather data on the sales performance of our company's sales staff. At the time, the data for these reports was housed in a Pervasive v8 database (with DDFs) and entered using MAX 3.7 and later 4.0. These reports fell into disuse, and since they were last used (some four years ago), our company has switched to an MSSQL database, with MAX 5.0. Whenever these reports are run now, Crystal Reports keeps trying to install the Crystal XI RDC software, even though it is already installed. A reboot is then requested. This happense with anyone who tries to run these reports, regardless of operating system, and all company users have access to the correct database. I've opened one report and updated the table names from the old Pervasive database with the DDF tables to the new MSSQL databse. However, there were some DDF tables in the older database for which I was unable to find links to the new database. The only problem still remaining, at least that I can find to date, is that there are two custom date parameters, where the user running the report must enter starting and ending dates for the time frame over which they want to evaluate the salesperson's performance. When I go to run the report, after entering the desired start and end dates, I get a message saying "A string is required here."
Here is the text of the parameters in question (with the problem parameters in bold type):
{Invoice_Master.INVDTE_31} in
{?Start} to
{?Stop} and
{Part_Master.ACTTYP_01} = "F" and
{Customer_Master.CUSTID_23} in ["WES728", "MUE050", "LCW164", "HIG127", "HAR615", "FPE035", "FOL340", "ESS580", "DOR146", "CLE230", "CHE035", "BRO010"]
Looking into the matter further, I found that the data type for the Invoice_Master.INVDTE_31 field was a string, but that the parameters that request the start and end dates were dates. I therefore changed those parameters to strings. I don't expect issues with formatting since the user is prompted to enter the dates in the proper format when the report is run. Another message came up afterward, though (text follows below):
(Popup Window) "A date is required here"
(Error Text) if month ({Invoice_Detail.INVDTE_32}) = 1 then(@ExtSalesDol) else 0
The ExtSalesDol mentioned above is a custom parameter as follows:
if {Invoice_Master.STYPE_31} = 'CR' THEN {Invoice_Detail.INVQTY_32} * -1 * {Invoice_Detail.PRICE_32} else
{Invoice_Detail.INVQTY_32} * {Invoice_Detail.PRICE_32}
Other than converting the Invoice_Master.INVDTE_31 and possibly the Invoice_Detail.INVDTE_32 fields to dates, are there any other possible options?
I'm not sure if the problem is with those parameters or if the report is still looking for data from the old database, or something else entirely. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.