Joined: 07 Jun 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Topic: Mutiple Page forms in Crystal Reports 2008 Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 5:46am
I use Crystal reports 2008 to do single page forms and it works just fine
I am wondring how do you do mutiple page forms ?
For single page forms I put the actual form in MS Word format in the page header and the select underlay following sections in selection expert which works for single page forms quite well but I can not figure out how to do it for muliple page forms
As additional step how do I tell Crystal reports to tell the printer to double side the pages
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 5:05am
You'll do the same sort of thing for multiple pages - put the format in the page header and underlay sections. Then you supress the sections - both the page header and its accompanying data sections - based on the page number. So, for your first page, you would set the suppression formula in the Section expert (do NOT check the suppress checkbox!) to "PageNumber > 1", for page 2 it would be "PageNumber <> 2". For the last section on each page, turn on "New Page After" in the Section Expert to get the page breaks where you need them.
Joined: 07 Jun 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 4:07am
I have been playing around with the Selection expert I figured out how to get only page to display with out page 2 on top of it
I can also get just page 2 to display depending on where I put insert new page
However I can not get page 1 followed by page 2
What am I doing wrong
I can not find any real resources that discuss using this part of the Section expert everything I found in books or on line only discusses the basic stuff not details using formulas to suppress pages ect
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum