OK, I have a really weird problem and I need help to resolve this. I have a report which runs on my own laptop which runs differently on another person's machine. For example, in a couple of cases when I've used the totext function on a year field and I have forgotten to add the parameters to keep it from using decimal places and commas. On my laptop (Crystal 2008, BTW) the year shows up as the appropriate number 2012. On the other person's machine, same version and service pack as mine, it shows up as 2,012.00.
In an even more aggravating mystery, I have a bunch of formulas in which I have to subtract from a month field that is defined in the database as a nchar field (2). So in the data, the month of February is 02, for example, not 2. In order to subtract one month from the starting month of the report, I have to turn the field value into a number, subtract 1 from it, and then turn it back into a text field with a zero in front of it. On my machine I am getting data returned into the various columns for current month, previous month, month before that, etc. perfectly. On the other machine, none of the formulas where I have to do the subtraction work at all. I know how I can get around this but it will involve changing about 20 formulae, so if I can avoid this, I would prefer to. Has anyone else seen this type of behavior between two different machines with the same version of Crystal 2008? Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing that is causing this? I've searched through the options everywhere and cannot find anything.
Help is greatly appreciated.