Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: multiple execution of a report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
diogni
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Jul 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote diogni Replybullet Topic: multiple execution of a report
     Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 3:31am
Hi,

Current situation: i have a report grouped by start date which can be used to calculate working hours

Desired situation: i want to transform the report so that it should still calculate working hours but grouped by country, i.e. current calculation process should be maintained but the working hours must be calculated per and grouped by country.

How could i realise such a report?
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 11:54am
I would assume that there is a country field in the data...you would add a group based on the country field and go from there.
IP IP Logged
diogni
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Jul 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote diogni Replybullet Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 7:58am
I fear I did not comprehensibly pose my problem. To group the report by country field is not the problem. I have 16 countries and I want the report to be runned for any country, i.e. the report should be runned 16 times. That´s what I am not able to do.

I have tried to create a new report and integrate the first one into it as subreport. Curiously the subreports containing in the first report did disappear. So I concluded that a subreport can´t contain subreports.

How can I run a report more than once?  
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 9:09am
you are correct... a subreport cannot have a subreport.
 
well you can't really run a report more than once... you would need to change the parameters and run it again...
 
you could schedule it 16 times...though to be honest I know absolutely nothing about that, I've just read where people have had issues.
 
you could structure the report to run once but return what appears to be 16 reports via grouping and resetting the page number
 
those are basically the 2 methodologies that I can see to accomplish what you want.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 10:03am
The only other possibility is some sort of scheduling software.  We use SAP BI Enterprise (4.0), which is very expensive and requires a server.  I have heard of other scheduling software, but I have no experience with them.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum