Good afternoon,
I have a question, first, I'm using Crystal XI in a DB2 environment, and have a sorting issue that is a bit more complex than I've seen in any of the archived questions of the past.
I have a report detailing payroll history for any given employee based on a date range. Something created to accomodate courts and such when being requested to provide payroll history in regard to child support and such.
The report is currently sorting based on the group one settings driving it to sub-total based on the check number. That works fine unless they also use direct deposit at any given time through that period.
So, I thought, okay, I'll base it on the date of pay, problem solved. Not so much.
Employees will often receive two checks on any given pay date, be it a vacation pay out or what have you. Is there any kind of formula that can be set up to first sub-total by check number, and then in the case in which the check number field is populated with the words Direct Deposit then look at the date of the check and possibly the pay type?
Thanks