Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Sorting Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
FSharpe
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 May 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote FSharpe Replybullet Topic: Sorting
     Posted: 04 Jun 2012 at 12:54pm
Good afternoon,
 
I have a question, first, I'm using Crystal XI in a DB2 environment, and have a sorting issue that is a bit more complex than I've seen in any of the archived questions of the past.
 
I have a report detailing payroll history for any given employee based on a date range.  Something created to accomodate courts and such when being requested to provide payroll history in regard to child support and such.
 
The report is currently sorting based on the group one settings driving it to sub-total based on the check number.  That works fine unless they also use direct deposit at any given time through that period.
 
So, I thought, okay, I'll base it on the date of pay, problem solved.  Not so much.
 
Employees will often receive two checks on any given pay date, be it a vacation pay out or what have you.  Is there any kind of formula that can be set up to first sub-total by check number, and then in the case in which the check number field is populated with the words Direct Deposit then look at the date of the check and possibly the pay type?
 
Thanks
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 3:18am
my first response is:
why not sort by employee, date of check , and type of pay...since you want to check for these fields based on what the check number is
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum