Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Linking Subreports Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
godistop1
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 23 May 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16
Quote godistop1 Replybullet Topic: Linking Subreports
     Posted: 04 Jun 2012 at 7:30am
I have a report with 3 subreports and I cannot get the correct combination to link the reports.  All 4 reports data comes from stored procedures that have parameters.
 
Main report calls a stored procedure that has 3 parameters: Start date, End date and Months. Location code that comes from output of main report.
 
Subreport 1: Start date, months and Location code
Subreport 2: Start date, End date, Location code
Subreport 3: Start date, End date, Months, Location code
 
I would like subreport take the Start Date, End Date, & Months from main report and Location code comes from output of main report.
 
Crystal keeps putting in the ?PM-----
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 3:26am
crystal will 'create' a parameter for the linking process.  It's been a while since I linked I report, so off the top of my head, I would say just find the field that you are looking for in the drop down list.  It needs to match the datatype of the parameter in the subreport or else crystal won't display it for you.
 
Hoping I remember what the screens like...
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum