Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Question re Refreshing of data in Report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
kcbrent
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 May 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote kcbrent Replybullet Topic: Question re Refreshing of data in Report
     Posted: 25 May 2012 at 11:54am

It has been a while since I last used crystal Reports but I am currently creating a report that retrieves data from the database. the object of this report is to bring back data as information is added to the database (constantly populating with current data). The trouble I am having is that when I open the report, it does not refresh/pull new data from the database but rather contains whatever data was in the report when I saved it. 

Now:

 
I have read across the internet including this forum here, where people have said all you need to do is uncheck the option: File -> Save Data with Report and this should solve the problem.  I have done just that and when you view the report in Crystal Reports Viewer afterwards, it then brings up a dialogue box telling you it cannot display any data and that you need to go to Crystal reports and enable "Save Data with Report". So not sure why people are saying this solves the problem when it wont work afterwards (?), but anyhow,  how do I get this report to refresh data when the report is opened in CR Viewer or any app of the sort?

 

Is there some options I am missing?

 

Thank you,

IP IP Logged
kcbrent
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 May 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote kcbrent Replybullet Posted: 31 May 2012 at 1:00pm
anyone know the answer?
it would be helpful
 
thank you.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 5:11am
what happens if you manually refresh the report after it opens with the saved data? Do you get an error then too?

Edited by DBlank - 01 Jun 2012 at 5:12am
IP IP Logged
kcbrent
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 May 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote kcbrent Replybullet Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 5:24am
thanks for the reply,
 
I tried that, it doesnt refresh the data, stays pretty much static.
 
Basically (for soem background) this is live data, so as more data is added, my intentions is to place a link within either a simple HTML page or ASp page and the user will then click a button, launch the report in the viewer, and print it to physical paper. The only way I have found to get it to work, is that I have to refresh while I am in the Crystal Reports application (Not the viewer but the actual app), and then the data will refresh, but once I save the report, the information seems to pretty much be static at that point.

maybe I did something wrong in setting this up originally?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 5:33am
I have not deployed that way so I am not sure. I think with this more detail info someone else might be able to help. If no one else replies I would report this with more detail under the data connectivity questions.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum