Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 29 May 2012 at 11:38am
you can sort groups on anything that can be derived via a summary function. Sometimes being creative in that process can give you a sorting result even if it is not the final dsiplay value.
Of course doing calcs in a stored proc give you values to sort on straight in your dataset
Joined: 09 May 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Posted: 30 May 2012 at 5:08am
OK, lets see if I can explain this...
(Please note I am very new to CR and have not had any training, so most likely attack things from completely the wrong angle!)
I have a report which totals daily calls for each client. It also sums each week and then the last month. The month total is what I want to sort on. I get each day's total by using this formula in a running total (count) field:
{CALLSTABLE.CALLDATE} = CurrentDate-(dayofweek(CurrentDate))-15
The 15 on the end changes for each field, and I have one for every day of the last month.
It is currently grouped by client master ID as some have more than one client ID but are the same client.
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 30 May 2012 at 5:23am
I can't quite 'see' your report but you can insert a group on the date field multiple times each group you can set the date grouping type to month, day week and then day and insert a count per group level.
using the insert summary would allow you to sort the groups on those values.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum