Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Creat New Link - Report Clears Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Twizik
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 21
Quote Twizik Replybullet Topic: Creat New Link - Report Clears
     Posted: 23 May 2012 at 9:01am
I am taking an existing invoicing report I made that works fine and editing the database links to apply it to a different invoice type. When I add the agreement database it is fine until I try to add any data onto the report and when i view there is nothing but the text object fields showing, no data is pulled. Is this a join issue? I only have 2 places to join into another database and have tried each and every way between them to get some data but it always show the report blank when I view.

Thank you,
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 23 May 2012 at 9:06am
joins in crystal are not enforced unless you either
1. specifically set them as such in the link type in the Database expert
2. use a field in any capacity in the report from both tables invloved in the join ("daisy chained' tables would require a field from both ends of the chain to enforce all joins)
 
So if you report seems to have all of your data, then you drag a field into the report and your data set suddenly changes it usually means that the join is suddenly enforced. If the data set is not what you wanted then you need to revisist the way you have your joins set up.


Edited by DBlank - 23 May 2012 at 9:07am
IP IP Logged
Twizik
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 21
Quote Twizik Replybullet Posted: 24 May 2012 at 2:04am
Great info, thank you.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum