Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Memo Field Heading Labels Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
FredOh
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 01 Apr 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Quote FredOh Replybullet Topic: Memo Field Heading Labels
     Posted: 22 May 2012 at 11:44am
Working in Crystal XI. I have a simple report that is 5 memo fields of variable size. Each field is in a sub details section a, b, c, etc and is set to Can Grow. My problem is that if the memo is long enough to go over a page break,  I get the field heading/label on the first page followed by blank space and then the text of the memo on the second page without a label.  I've tried a lot of different combos of keep together or not, with no luck. Anybody have thoughts? Thanks. Fredoh
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2012 at 11:52am

where does the field header/label reside?

if it is part of the same detail section that has memo field I would think that if you set the section expert detail sections to 'keep section together' it would not orpan the header from the field
 
Edit: The above does not seem to work as I woud have thought.
Tryt his instead.
Add a text box on the detail section,
drag the header into it,
add a carriage return
and then drag the memo field into it.
Set it to can grow.
Set teh detail section to keep togther.
See if the text box is kept together with the header as you needed


Edited by DBlank - 22 May 2012 at 12:04pm
IP IP Logged
FredOh
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 01 Apr 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Quote FredOh Replybullet Posted: 23 May 2012 at 4:54am

DBLANK! You come through once again! Thank you! I wish I could buy you a drink or a piece of cake. FredOh

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum