Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Select Expert based on Formula that looks at Group Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
thummel1
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 140
Quote thummel1 Replybullet Topic: Select Expert based on Formula that looks at Group
     Posted: 18 May 2012 at 6:13am
Hi, I'm a Crystal 2008 user. I need to filter a report for specific records and have been trying to use Select Expert. So, first I had to create a summary to count the EMPCODES.CODES in the group. Then, I built a formula from a group to call out only the records I will need later. The formula looks like this:
 
If Count ({EMPCODES.CODE}, {EMPCODES.CODE})>1 then "More than one license record with the same type" else "".
 
From this formula, I was going to use Select Expert and request all records that are equal to "More than one license record with the same type", but my formula, called "fGreaterThanOne" does not appear in my Report Fields as an option to select when I am in Select Expert.
 
Seems like an easy fix, what am I missing? Let me know what I can provide to help with the solution. Thanks!
"Press any key to continue. Where's the 'Any' Key?" ~Homer Simpson
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 18 May 2012 at 6:25am
try to use group select expert
report tab >>selection formulas>>group . then place this
Count ({EMPCODES.CODE}, {EMPCODES.CODE})>1
IP IP Logged
thummel1
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 140
Quote thummel1 Replybullet Posted: 18 May 2012 at 7:34am
Oh my, this worked perfectly!! You guys/gals are a wealth of knowledge, thank you very much!
"Press any key to continue. Where's the 'Any' Key?" ~Homer Simpson
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum