Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Performance issue Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
crystal2012
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 17 Apr 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 36
Quote crystal2012 Replybullet Topic: Performance issue
     Posted: 17 May 2012 at 7:27am

I have a report with 2 sub report that has a db field link.

The run time of the report is not at acceptable. The report performance will be improved if one of sub report is removed. But my problem is that I don't know how to or whether it's possible to create a formula to use report fields from main and sub report.

 

i.e.  main.total/ (subReport1.Sum) + main.total1.

 

I cannot see sub report 1 field when I am in main report.

 

I wonder if it's doable to create a formula as I wanted. Any help is greatly appreciated.

 

IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 17 May 2012 at 12:22pm
Assigning results from a formula to a shared variable is the way to 'pass' a value from a sub report to the main report.
IP IP Logged
crystal2012
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 17 Apr 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 36
Quote crystal2012 Replybullet Posted: 18 May 2012 at 8:13am

Can you give me details on assigning results in formula to a shared variable?

Thanks for your suggestion!
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 18 May 2012 at 8:59am
shared numbervar test;
test := some calcuation;
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum