Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Need help desperately Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dbodell
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 53
Quote dbodell Replybullet Topic: Need help desperately
     Posted: 16 May 2012 at 9:45am
I am having terrible performance issues running Crystal 2008 reports. I am using stored procedures to minimize the load on Crystal for data reading. In one case, the stored procedure does all of the summarization and then presents the data to Crystal where it is grouped and sorted. The stored procedure returns the data, when run in SQL, within 30 seconds, reading over 24000 records. When I try to run the report I enter the parameters and it just HANGS! No activity, no nothing. I am desperate for help with this. I cannot get anything done!
Thanks,
D. Bodell
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 16 May 2012 at 10:54am
are you using sub reports?
are you using 'page n of m'? if so get rid of it.
IP IP Logged
dbodell
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 53
Quote dbodell Replybullet Posted: 16 May 2012 at 12:11pm
No subreports and I never ever do the page n of m. I'm pretty advanced at Crystal so this is all the more frustrating. It's a simple stored procedure that reads transactions that have been indexed pretty well at this point. I've reduced the number of joins and fields in the stored procedure. It's basically reading transactions, determining if the transaction is a charge, payment, credit or debit and putting the amount in a different field for each, then grouping by the transaction ID that they are all tied to.
 
In order to populate the provider parameter list, I created a simple command and in Crystal I joined it to the stored procedure. I only use the command to populate the parameter. Is this perhaps a problem? It has worked fine in other situations I'm working with....
Thanks,
D. Bodell
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 16 May 2012 at 1:44pm
I have never had good results with commands and performance. I would remove it to test if you get better performance as it is a good possibility that it is bogging it down.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum