Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Return next higher value from table Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
thummel1
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 140
Quote thummel1 Replybullet Topic: Return next higher value from table
     Posted: 16 May 2012 at 8:04am
HI, I am in Crystal 2008, I have a BIG challenge if anyone is interested. I need to be able to return the next highest value from a table where:
1. I must only use the max date values in the table I need the next highest value from (Table2) and
2. Table 2's "Schedule", "Pay Grade" and "Pay Step" equal "Schedule", "Pay Grade", and "Pay Step" in Table 1.
 
Challenge 1: I don't think that Table2 contains the Schedule, Pay Grade and Pay Step in any particular order. The logic, however, is that my result should return the next highest value when those 3 data fields are equal in both tables.
 
Challenge 2: The Schedule, Pay Grade, and Pay Step only go so high. e.g. Schedule "RN" on Pay Grade "RNB" goes up to Step 15, then the employee has reached the highest step and we no longer evaluate them. So I need to also incorporate a formula that will not show any employees if there is not a higher value for their Step.
 
I will be happy to post example of the data I already have, but wanted to see who would be interested in helping me out with this first.
"Press any key to continue. Where's the 'Any' Key?" ~Homer Simpson
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum