Hi
I've been asked to find out how to avoid the situation where a single detail record from a group will print by itself on a page.
I have the report set to start a new page for each group.
Within each group there may be 1 or 100 or 1000 detail records of variable height of 2-6 lines of text.
The datasource includes a field with the total number of detail records for each group to test a running total value against so we know when we're on the last, or second last record.
Is there an option to set the minimum number of records per page to 2 so that if the last record ends up on a page by itself then it's previous record joins it? Obviously it would have to be smart enough to not get into a loop or where there were less than 3 records.
One other idea is if I'm on the third last record in a group then unsupress another detail section or field or expand the footer just for that page by enough that to knock the next two detail records together on to the next page.
However, this should only happen if the third last record is 90% of the way down the page and that's where I've hit a wall.
Is there any way to access the Y position for the current detail while printing?
I can't just count records per page as they are variable number of lines.
Ideally the supress formula would be something like:
(@Group_Count <> {rptSource.Group_Total} - 2) or (currentdetail.top < page.height-4 cms)
Cheers
Evahn
Edited by ederkley - 15 May 2012 at 6:17pm