Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Report not Displaying DB fields in text boxes Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
DerekDOR
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 May 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote DerekDOR Replybullet Topic: Report not Displaying DB fields in text boxes
     Posted: 04 May 2012 at 8:18am
I have created a report in Crystal 11.5.8.826 that is set up to mimic a report that must be submitted to another division within my organization. Basically I have created several text boxes and drag-and-dropped database fields into them so I could add text and punctuation around them so the combination of my text and the database field together make sense to the person reading the report.
 
Example:
 
In a specific text box I have: {1BL_CITY_TY}, {2BL_POSTAL}
That combination should show: Lincoln, 68512
 
It used to work like described above, but now all of a sudden I am only getting the "," which I manually added to the text box myself!!
 
I'm just using the text boxes to combine multiple fields from the database and to add punctuation and other text.
 
Can anyone help me!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 04 May 2012 at 10:02am
try to create a formula like
totext({1BL_CITY_TY})+", "+ totext({2BL_POSTAL},0,"")
use instead
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 04 May 2012 at 10:05am
you might also want to check for nulls.
I would display the fields outside the text box individually to assist in debugging.
IP IP Logged
DerekDOR
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 May 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote DerekDOR Replybullet Posted: 07 May 2012 at 2:56am

Thanks for the quick responses! I found where I made my error; I was pulling data based on date and now that it's 2012, I was trying to pull data for 2012 that won't be entered for a few weeks, so since the report couldn't find the 2012 data, it apparently won't pull any data.

 
@kostya1122, since there was no data that fit my criteria, your suggestion didn't work either, which is what actually made me go through the whole report again.
 

My advice for anyone with a similar issue, be sure to check every aspect of your report to make sure you're not specifying something that doesn’t exist in your data set. Thanks again everyone!

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum