Joined: 04 May 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Topic: Free type text in executed report Posted: 04 May 2012 at 1:34am
Hi Can some one please advise me how I can set a report up which when executed I can still free type into a text box of some kind?
Any help with this would be very much appreciated.
Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 432
Posted: 04 May 2012 at 4:14am
Mark:
If its just a short string of text you could probably use a parameter to pass it into the report. If its a larger string of text I have only done this by using a application I would have created in Visual Studio.
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 04 May 2012 at 5:57am
once a report is rendered, you can't type into it...you can probably export it, and then that program might give you the ability to add to the report, but as John said, you can't directly modify the report after it's been rendered.
The parameter writes to the report during rendering, just as a reminder.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum