Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Create a duplex report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
mak5s
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Feb 2011
Location: Italy
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote mak5s Replybullet Topic: Create a duplex report
     Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 10:18am

Hallo,

I have a problem with Crystal Report 10.

I have to create a duplex report. The report Is a purchase order in which I must put the order data in the even page and the selling conditions in the odd page.

The even page is organized with page header, page footer and detail sections and all the sections contain boxes and lines.

The solution I tried for this issue is the sequent.

In order to allow the insertion of the odd page, I had to move my page header and page footer into group header and group footer sections (the order number group).

In this way, when my purchase order fills just one page it works: I get my order, with his header and footer and details and on the back there are the conditions.

But when the order fills more than one page, on the second page I don’t have the header and footer section (because I used the sections related to the order number group).

Does anybody have any other idea to solve my problem?

Thanks in advance

Bye
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 10:51am
So, if I understand you correctly, the selling conditions are on the first page and the actual order starts on the second page.  Is that correct?
 
If so, you can change your section suppression logic - set it so that the selling conditions only print when PageNumber = 1 and the data prints when PageNumber >= 2. 
 
If you only print one PO at a time, you're done.  However, if you can have more than one purchase order printed in the report, you can set the "Reset Page Number After" flag on the last group footer section for the purchase order group.
 
If you need to make sure that each PO always starts on its own sheet of paper because you're printing on both sides, try this:
 
Create a very narrow blank group footer section at the end of the PO and turn on New Page After for the section with  "Not OnLastRecord" in the formula so that you don't get a final blank page. 
 
On the section above it, turn on "New Page After" and put something like this in the formula for the New Page After:
 
Not OnLastRecord and PageNumber mod 2 > 0
 
This will set it to do a page break only on odd numbered pages where it's not on the last record.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
jessemauser
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 May 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote jessemauser Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2012 at 8:37am
We have similar requirements as described above, and I was wondering if this solution did the trick for you or not, or if you had to tweak it in anyway.
 
Our issue is that when the "statement" (detail section) goes over one page, the mailing address info (which needs to be on the back of each page, get's pushed to the 3rd page.
 
The piece that is confusing me is the suppression logic.  When setting the conditions for pagenumber = 1 and pagenumber = 2, is that done for "Suppress (No Drill-Down) or for the "Print at Bottom of Page" forumlas?
 
Thanks,
Jesse


Edited by jessemauser - 02 May 2012 at 9:06am
IP IP Logged
jessemauser
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 May 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote jessemauser Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2012 at 10:06am
and now that I've been playing with this for the past 90 minutes, I'm still not sure it's feasible to do this.  here is the layout:
 
Report Header - suppressed
Page Header - suppressed
Group Header #1a - statement header by agent
Group Header #1b - agent summary info
Group Header #1c - field headers
Group Header #1d - spacing
Group Header #2 - suppressed
Details - detail data
Group Footer #2 - detail total
Group Footer #1a - Group total by agent
Group Footer #1b - statement footer (bottom of page)
Group Footer #1c - mailing info (needs to be on the back of every page)
Report Footer - suppressed
Page Footer - suppressed
 
Everything works fine when the detail is only one page, and I can't figure out if there is a way to have the detail skip even pages, and continue on odd pages when the Group Footer #1c has to be on all the even pages.
 
I'm guessing I'm going to have to re-think where that mailing info gets placed in the stucture of the report.
 
Jesse
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum