Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Showing summary and total count Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Rajeeshun
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 30 Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote Rajeeshun Replybullet Topic: Showing summary and total count
     Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 5:35am
Hello,
 
This question may be very easy to answer; but unfortunately I cannot find the method to solve my issue
 
This is what I am trying to do it in the Crystal report:
 
Assume that I have totally 1100 customers and out of them 230 customers are listening music from their IPOD, 250 of them listening music from their MP3 player and remaining them using radio to listen music. I need to show the ratio as like below
 
Total MP3 users are = 230 /1100
 
this looks very simple. However my problem is when I filter the data based on their usage (example: MP3) the data is filtered by MP3 and I cannot get the total amount of Customers.
 
How to get both in one report?
 
Please help me
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 5:59am
do not filter the data.
You can either group by user type and show sumamries at the group level
count(field,group)/count(field)
or you can create running totals to display inthe report footer
or you can create variable formulas to display in footers
or you can create 3 formulas to use a 1 or 0 and use that
e.g. ... if field='mp3' then 1
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum