| Author |
Message |
djustice
Newbie
Joined: 08 Feb 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
|

Topic: Display Date Range in Report Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 7:32am |
|
I have a report that utilizes a date range parameter. I want to display that date range at the top of my report. I have the following formula, but it only displays one date?
'Check Date Range: ' + ' ' + CSTR(Minimum({prhpost.chkdate})) + ' TO ' + CSTR(Maximum({prhpost.chkdate}))
If I put in 4/9/2012 to 4/22/2012 (payroll dates) in my date range it displays
4/13/2012 To 4/13/2012
Anyone have a clue? 4/13 isn't even one of the dates that I picked? although it is in the range.
thanks for any help.
|
|
DDavid Justice
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
kostya1122
Senior Member
Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
|

Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 8:01am |
|
try formula
"Check Date Range: in "+
totext(minimum(date range parameter))+" to " +
totext(maximum(date range parameter))
|
IP Logged |
|
djustice
Newbie
Joined: 08 Feb 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
|

Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 8:08am |
|
I tried that and get the same thing. I have figured out that 'prhpost.chkdate' are actual check dates, which means that only every other Friday dates are in the table. If I pull 4/9 - 4/22 I will only get 4/13 becaue that is the only date in the table within that range.
So, If I have the user pull by check date ranges (4/13-4/27, the 2 Fridays in the payroll period) it will return in my display 4/13 To 4/27. So, now I'm thinking I want to do something like:
'Check Date Range: ' + ' ' + CSTR(Minimum({prhpost.chkdate}-5)) + ' TO ' + CSTR(Maximum({prhpost.chkdate}-5))
this would give me the actual date for the pay period range (4/9 - 4/22), but this isn't working. I can't seem to find the correct formula to subtract days from the check date?
|
|
DDavid Justice
|
IP Logged |
|
kostya1122
Senior Member
Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
|

Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 8:21am |
|
maybe
'Check Date Range: ' + ' ' + CSTR(Minimum({prhpost.chkdate}-5)) + ' to ' +
CSTR(Maximum({prhpost.chkdate}+2))
|
IP Logged |
|
djustice
Newbie
Joined: 08 Feb 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
|

Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 8:37am |
|
Nope, I've tried all the variations...nothing works?
|
|
DDavid Justice
|
IP Logged |
|
kostya1122
Senior Member
Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
|

Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 8:40am |
|
can you give me an example of what it looks like and what you want it to look like.
|
IP Logged |
|
djustice
Newbie
Joined: 08 Feb 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
|

Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 8:47am |
|
On the report the field @Check Date Range is the formula:
'Check Date Range: ' + ' ' + CSTR(Minimum({prhpost.chkdate})) + ' to ' +
CSTR(Maximum({prhpost.chkdate}))
In the date range parameter you put in a beginning and end date. The only dates in the table prhpost.chkdate are pay check dates (every other Friday). So, now, if I pull 4/13 - 4/27 the report shows
Check Date Range: 4/13/2012 To 4/27/2012
I want to, in the formula, subtract 5 days from the beginning date and end date to show the actual pay period, which would be 4/9 - 4/22
|
|
DDavid Justice
|
IP Logged |
|
kostya1122
Senior Member
Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
|

Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 10:01am |
|
"Check Date Range: " + " " + CSTR(dateadd("d",-5,Minimum({prhpost.chkdate}))) + " to" +
CSTR(dateadd("d",-5,Maximum({prhpost.chkdate})))
not sure if this will work haven't tested it you might need to create Minimum({prhpost.chkdate}) as a separate formula
|
IP Logged |
|
djustice
Newbie
Joined: 08 Feb 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
|

Posted: 03 May 2012 at 7:42am |
|
That worked perfectly. Thanks!!
|
|
DDavid Justice
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|