Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: How to conditionally select date in CR 2008 Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jcfaber1
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Apr 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote jcfaber1 Replybullet Topic: How to conditionally select date in CR 2008
     Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 8:28am
I am trying to pull data from two tables:
OrderRouting
Vendor
 
I only want to pull data from the vendor table when OrderRouting.WorkorVendor =1.  Otherwise when the OrderRouting.WorkorVendor =0 those routing steps dissappear.
 
I am not sure how to do this.  As you can tell I am not a software engineer.
 
Thanks
 
John
 
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 8:38am
you have to join the tables on an appropriate field(s).
likley you can use a vendorid or maybe vendorno field
in the select expert you can limit the data set returned using select criteria like
OrderRouting.WorkorVendor =1
IP IP Logged
jcfaber1
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Apr 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote jcfaber1 Replybullet Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 8:44am
Yes that is done in table linking.  But I am not certain if I should be using SQL expression to select the data?
I want to see all of the records for OrderRouting.WorkorVender 1 & 2 but only pull fields from the Vendor table when OrderRouting.WorkorVendor=1. 
 
Thanks
 
John
 


Edited by jcfaber1 - 25 Apr 2012 at 8:56am
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 8:56am
the select expert is used to evaluate the rows from the data set created by the source data for inclusion/exclusion.
The button is the hand grabbing a red circle from 2 blue circles.
You write a boolean formula, TRUE include, FALSE exclude.
IP IP Logged
jcfaber1
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Apr 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote jcfaber1 Replybullet Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 9:00am
I am not certain if you saw my clarification of what I am trying to do where I edited my previous post. 
Thanks
 
John
 
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 9:16am

No I did not see that.

Maybe I do not understand your data set as your description seems to be opposing requirements.
Can you post some sample data from the joined set and what you want to include and exclude based on the requirements?
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum