Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Dynamic parameter not showing all values Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dbodell
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 53
Quote dbodell Replybullet Topic: Dynamic parameter not showing all values
     Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 6:40am
I have a dynamic parameter for a list of reason codes. I have added a view of the reason code table to my data set (a left join from my main table), and I used this view to populate the list of reason code values. However, it doesn't return all of the records. I have tried this using a list of values in BOE Repository and it is still limiting the records I see. I get about 5 pages only. What am I doing wrong?
If I am going to be limited to a subset of values, is there any way to allow the user to also enter custom values?
Otherwise I'm going to have to take the dynamic list out of the parameter and make the user enter the codes he/she wants. That's no fun.
 
Thanks in advance for help.
Thanks,
D. Bodell
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 7:20am
IP IP Logged
dbodell
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 53
Quote dbodell Replybullet Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 7:44am
Aha!!! Thank you so much. I'm not going to be able to solve my problem by changing a registry because I'd have to change the registry on every person's machine who would run the report, but at least now I know what's wrong. I really appreciate it.
Thanks,
D. Bodell
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum