Topic: Connecting to multiple databases in Command Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 5:28pm
Hey all,
Would anyone know how to connect to multiple databases through the Command module?
I am using Oracle 10g and CR XI.
within the code i reference a column in another database. In oracle it compiles fine and i get the reselt that I require. However when i paste the code in CR, it fails to connect to the database to catch the column.
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 10:34am
I wouldn't think that you can do that, but just because the ODBC driver links to one database, but I don't connect that way anymore...
I don't know of all the ways to connect to a database, but I think that CR only connects to 1 database, and foreign databases are unknown...but this is definitely not my forte (especially since I push data to the report instead of pulling it from the database).
Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 150
Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 3:22am
I've done this by using two different commands, one from each of the databases, and then linking them as if they were two tables.
Each command uses the connection string set up for that database.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum