Hello,
I was hoping someone could help me with a SQL query problem. I am trying to adjust my query to consider a compound conditional statement, i.e. :
({tablea.fielda} <> 5566 And Not ({tablea.fieldb} like '%889009%))
The initial problem was that crystal would take that statement and remove the outside parenthasis and execute the statements independantly of each other. I thought I had a fix by putting the entire statement in a "NOT" statement and reversing the conditions, like so:
Not ({tablea.fielda} = 5566 And ({tablea.fieldb} like '%889009%))
Although crystal did reverse the conditions and keep the conditions grouped, it is now changing the center "and" to an "or".
This is a report that was created before my time that I am just modifying, and as such, I dont want to create a view or stored procedure that would cause me to go back and change all of the fields in the report. Any ideas?
Thank you in advance!
-Edward