Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Cystal Report - Database Hyperlink Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
boss123
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 22 Apr 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote boss123 Replybullet Topic: Cystal Report - Database Hyperlink
     Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 11:50pm
Hi,
 
I have developed a Crystal Report that extracts data from a table in an Access and need some help as one of the fields is a hyperlink and I would like this to open up the image referenced by the hyperlink.
 
I have that been using this guide:

http://www.hexcentral.com/articles/crystal-images.htm but am unsure what forumla I need to use to return the image as a hyperlink - at the moment the hyperlinks show up but you cannot click to follow.

 
Thanks,
 
Waqar. 
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 1:57pm
Which version of Crystal are you using?
 
If you're on XI (I believe - I know for sure it's in 2008) try the following:
 
1.  Insert an image object in the report using a dummy image from your computer.
2.  Right-click and go to the Picture tab.
3.  Click on the button next to "Graphic Location" to bring up the formula editor.
4.  Add the field that has the hyperlink.
 
NOTE 1:  I'm not entirely sure this will work with a hyperlink - it will definitely work with a network/drive location.
 
NOTE 2:  Crystal will not show .gif files.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
boss123
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 22 Apr 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote boss123 Replybullet Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 10:14pm

I have tried your approach and it does not work. It doesn't do anything. Do you have any other suggestions.

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum