Topic: Resolved: Specific database link Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 8:11am
Uber noob reporting in. [IMG]smileys/smiley32.gif" align="middle" />
I am editing an invoice report tied to an ODBC database coming from Timberline SM. I am using Crystal 11.
This is the layout, I am trying to add the specific work date from a database corresponding with the work description (WOITEM.WRKDATE) [IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/r92vqw.png" />
Here is what I get is I do a normal data field for the work date: [IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/2jfhifl.png" />
Here is what it should look like: (edited in Word) [IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/kcgpqr.png" />
The description works and pulls that specific description but it to is from a different database than the group header which is(INVITEMS.DESCRIPTION) and the group is labeled (INVOICE.INVOICENBR) Any ideas would be great!
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 4:50am
typically, the way to solve this problem is to put what you want in either the group header or footer and suppress the rest...that way you get only 1 row.
I tried to do that, looking through these forums I found answers like that. The repairs or Test name field are all different lines in a database, so theoretically the data field is doing right, it is pulling all the database info for that invoice number and assigning it to the relevant Repairs or Test name field. The date and description are in 2 separate databases links. In the databases I found a trans number which is how SM links everything together so if I could make a formula links the trans number in the work date database and the invoice database I think it should work.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum