Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Related info in same field breakout as Header Det. Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
John2Chr
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Quote John2Chr Replybullet Topic: Related info in same field breakout as Header Det.
     Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 8:41am
All this info is in the same table and I would like to create hiearchy Program with activity as a subset.  Activity and Program are records within the same field and table.  I want to breakout.
 
CTAttrib    CTAttribValue    Description
Program    01                    Accounting Services
Activity      01011              Financial Reporting
Activity      01012              Budget
Activity      01013             General Ledger
Program     02                  Human Resources
Activity       02010            Hiring
Activity       02011            Benefits
Activity       02012            Employee Assistance

I would like to group as outlined above. The report would be selected by the first two digits (ie. Program) and would pull in and report just like outlined above - Program/Activity with program in the header and the sorted Activity the next header or detail.

I thought that I could do a formula for Program and Activity and that is easy to do and then I grouped with each. The problem is getting the two to relate and making one the subset of the other. Or getting the Program in the header but leave the activity as a subset of the related two digit program.

I grappled with selfjoining the table but I shouldn't need to? I do not have a max effect date to contend with.
 
I'm using Crystal 8.5
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum