Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Suppression Statement Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
sri-knight22
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 06 Jan 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16
Quote sri-knight22 Replybullet Topic: Suppression Statement
     Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 2:05am
The software that I use comes with several stock reports for us to use.  One of these reports is a customer facing document used to obtain signatures for quoted work.  Once a signature is obtained we mark the items as approved or declined as needed and begin work. 

I need to take this one report and turn it into 3 different reports.  The first one will remain the same with a few cosmetic changes.  The second report is the one I'm having an issue with.  I want the report to only show line items that have not been previously approved or declined.  I know which field in the table I need to key off of, but can not figure out where to put a suppression statement as this report has several sub reports.

help?
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 6:50am
hmmm....
 
I guess it depends on if you want to suppress the entire subreport, or you want the subreport to run.
 
If you want the subreport to run, but it is in a section that you want to suppress, the easiest solution is to move the subreport to its own section.
 
If you don't wnat the subreport to run, just supress the section.
 
If what you want to suppress is in the subreport, then, I guess it depends on if you want the subreport to run, or maybe the field you need to check is in the subreport, so you need the subreport to run, but you want to reclaim the empty space that is used by the 'now' suppressed subreport... in which case the standard answer is to put the subreport in its own section, and in the section expert for this section check 'suppress blank sections'. Then when the subreport is suppressed, the section is blank.
 
obviously there are lots of variables that you haven't mentioned...
in general Section Expert is your friend.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum