Topic: exporting to .csv formatting issue Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 8:21am
I am currently setting up a crystal report to use with ACCTivate which is an ERP system. The problem that I am having is that one of our rather large clients wants their invoice history in csv format every month, I got it to export fine I know how csv is formatted and I understand why we're doing it, the problem I have is I need a line break put in the details field.
ex.
Header data price number
Line cust line quantity
this is how it's displaying in CR XI, this is correct I need it to look this way, however this is how it's coming out in csv format
header data price number Line cust line quantity
I need a line break after number however when it exports to csv it just keeps all of the detail field on one line, and yes i have detail a, detail b fields set up for the two different lines..
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 4:56pm
If I understand you correctly, you need to have your headers on two lines, correct?
Assuming you've just typed these values in text objects, you'll need to create a formula to use for the "number" header. The formula will look something like this:
'number'+chr(10)+chr(13)
This will place a hard carriage return/line feed after the word "number", which should work in your CSV export.
Thank you for your response I will try it but I just fixed the issue. What I did was I put Header in a group header and put LINE in the details for that group and that also fixed another issue where i had multiple LINES per HEADER but thank you I am probably going to use this shortly
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum