Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: repeating details section Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Just
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Quote Just Replybullet Topic: repeating details section
     Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 9:06pm
I have a report where the details section should be repeated many times. I would like to use a parameter asking the user how many times the details section should repeat. Each time it is repeated all the data is copied except from one number that should increase by 1 in each details section.

Could someone help me with an idea how to connect the parameter to the report so that it repeats one section of it. I have tried with number of copies but then I can't get it to print details sections one below the other and I don't want the user to go to printer details to set number of copies and copies per page, they will mess sth up.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 3:52am
you can create a table (or a command object) with just a field with an incremental number in it. total number of rows is the max number of copies you want.
cross join it with your other data.
Create a numeric param and in the select expert use the value in the new table <=param
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum