Topic: Enquiry about integration report into server Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 3:39am
Hi everyone,
I have some doubts regarding the integration of crystal report in the server and would like to seek your advice on it.
My report is developed using the crystal report designer from visual studio 2008 and my website is developed using .Net framework and I am using windows IIS.
a) if i did not purchase the crystal report server edition to be installed in my server, Is there a crystal report reader that I can embed/install into my windows server in order for the site to generate the report ?
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 2:49pm
Yes - there should be Crystal Viewer components that are part of Visual Studio. If you're using Visual Studio 2010, you'll need to download and install the Crystal Viewer into VS. I believe it's available on SAP's Crystal site.
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 5:13pm
Sort of....
You need to install the viewer component in Visual Studio and use it in your application to display your reports. For your server, you'll need to install the "Merge Modules" that are also available as a download. (At least, the merge modules were part of the install for earlier versions of VS - I haven't had a chance to work with 2010, so I don't know whether that has changed.)
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum