Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Parameter string shows at top of prompt interface? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dlg_az
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 May 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Quote dlg_az Replybullet Topic: Parameter string shows at top of prompt interface?
     Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 10:07am
I am using cascading prompts in a few reports and I've noticed that the full parameter string shows in text at the very top of the prompt window that is presented to the user. I'm totally baffled - I've looked for a setting to turn it off, but haven't found one.

Has anyone else seen this behavior and know how to switch it off, or what needs done to hide it?
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 12:08pm
I remember that on the parameter screen, there is a value on the left, which you can change when you set up the parameter...the display text/prompt as I recall, and there is a value on the left which is the parameter name.
 
I never found a way to hide/change the value on the left.
 
My company decided to use wizards of our own design, thus eliminating the CR parameter all together...so I haven't seen it years
 
BUT it was annoying to me then as well.
IP IP Logged
rkrowland
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 20 Dec 2011
Location: England
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 259
Quote rkrowland Replybullet Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 10:23pm
You can name your parameters with spaces ie " " to give the illusion of an empty parameter name. Not very effective if you have lots of parameters but it's a pretty simple workaround if you only have a few.
 
You can still call them as follows {? }, {?  } - use 1 space for param 1, 2 for param 2 etc.
 
Regards,
Ryan.
IP IP Logged
dlg_az
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 May 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Quote dlg_az Replybullet Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 4:25am
Thanks for the response and yes, it is rather annoying.

I tried the display text/prompt as you stated - added a little bit of text and all it did was push the string text to the right; still showing. It's definitely a part of the prompt window - when I run the report in Dashboard it shows there as well.

This is so very odd. I tried most settings in the prompt setup and simply cannot find a solution to it. Is this a bug, I wonder.
IP IP Logged
dlg_az
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 May 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Quote dlg_az Replybullet Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 4:29am
Hi and thanks for the tip. I did try this on a report with only two prompts and it merely pushed the text further along to the right while still showing. I'd have to put an enormous amount of space in there for it to "disappear".

It just seems determined to display the prompt string at the top of the window, spaces or not. Worse, in BO Dashboard the initial user prompt interface goes full screen - no hiding it there with spaces.

So very frustrating!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum