Topic: Max effect date two related records in same table Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 7:17am
I thought of using this table, that has all the
info that I want, and linking to itself using the program as a parameter and
linking by the Model to get the activity.In addition, need to apply the latest effective date to the activity and
program.Not sure if it is useful but
the first five digits of the program is always the first five of the
activity.
Are you talking about putting the stored proc in a formula/SQL Expression Field? What might the formula look like? I have about 10,000 models that I want to grab by Program so program will be the parameter.
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 5:27am
no, you would call the stored proc to select your data... the proc would customize the data so that the report has exactly what you want and doesn't have duplicates, etc that you need to deal with in the report.
regardless, the self join is simple in a stored proc
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum