Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Crosstab issues Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Pam.1980
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 06 Aug 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Quote Pam.1980 Replybullet Topic: Crosstab issues
     Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 5:34am
Hello,
 
I need to provide monthly count of opened and closed issues along with a count of issues dispatched to resolution queue.
 
I am able to add the date field and group by month in the column section fine.
 
The problem is that when I add more than one field in the row section, it does not display right.
 
So that the rows are labeled correctly, I have created formulas where:
 
Formula - Opened = Date Created
Formula - Closed = Date Closed
Formula Dispatched = dispatch table can have multiple dispatches, I am only interested the "dispatch for closure" and I think I can work on that formula with max date etc.
 
How do I display the following:
 
 
           Jan 2012          Feb 2012         and so on
 
Opened        10                    20
Dispatched    8                      15
Closed          6                      12
 
In the Summary section, I just want to pull the 3 fields and do a distinct count.
 
My crosstab can only accept either one of the fields in the rows.
 
What am I doing wrong.
 
IP IP Logged
sanchezgmc06
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 107
Quote sanchezgmc06 Replybullet Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 6:40am
in the cross tab expert
 
1. select all of your formulas in the rows section
2. select the field that contains month/year in the columns section
3. select the field with the issue names and once you are here click on the button below the summarized fields box where it says " change summary" in the 2nd drop down select distinct count
 
hope that works
IP IP Logged
Pam.1980
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 06 Aug 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Quote Pam.1980 Replybullet Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 6:00am
Thanks for your response.
I did exactly that but it didn't work. probably something to do with my table joins.
This is on hold for now but when it is resuscitated, I will figure out a way to include the report and code.
Thanks,
Pam
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum