Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Suppress Multiple Rows Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
ctmcklowe96
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Apr 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote ctmcklowe96 Replybullet Topic: Suppress Multiple Rows
     Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 8:57am
I know how to use the Previous or Next functions to suppress a duplicate row, but what if I want to suppress any rows where two fields have the same data? For example, I have BOM report that contains old p/n's that are not used anymore but are replaced by new p/n's. What ends up happening is I receive multiple lines that have identical p/n's but different effective dates and/or required qty's.

Real world example:
P/N                  Description    EffDate        Qty
47193-0D       Sample desc    01/15/1996     1
47193-0D       Sample desc    03/30/2001     0

I need to suppress both of these as they have been replaced by a newer p/n. This needs to be done within Crystal as this dataset is not from an SP but from multiple linked tables within Crystal. Hopefully this makes sense...again, I cannot do this outside of Crystal without having to re-write this (and many other) reports.

Thank you in advance,
Chris
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 9:29am

so anytime the count of P/N is > 1 suppress those P/N rows?

if you can group on P/N you can insert a count on that field and use group seection criteria to exclude it
count(P/N,P/N)=1
or you could use the same idea to suppress
count(P/N,P/N)>1
or you could use a command object as another source table grouping on the PN and doing a count so you have the value on each row.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum