Joined: 28 Aug 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Topic: Grouping with customized group name Posted: 25 Oct 2007 at 8:45am
Hi,
I am attempting to group data based on a certain date range. At which point I need to use a customized group name. I have successfully passed crystal a detail dataset and in the report grouped by month but my starting point must be the current month with subsequent month groups and customized group names.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.
Helping to make the world a better place, one response at a time.
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 25 Oct 2007 at 12:18pm
I'm confused. If the data starts with the current month, how are there subsequent month groups? Plus, have you tried the different group options to group on a custom formula? You can also use the group option to display a formula as the group name instead of the field being grouped on.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
Joined: 28 Aug 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Posted: 25 Oct 2007 at 12:46pm
The user would like to see data from 1/1/2003 to the CurrentMonth and name that Group1. The subsequent groups would be from 1/1/2003 through CurrentMonth + 1, titledGroup2 and so on.
Helping to make the world a better place, one response at a time.
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 25 Oct 2007 at 2:12pm
You need to write a formula. Something with this type of logic:
if Month(field)<=Month(Now) Then 1 else Month(field) - Month (now) +1
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
Joined: 23 Nov 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Posted: 23 Nov 2007 at 11:59pm
But I have some problem about grouping... I want to show group specific order by particular field where value start with dynamic value. ( It is possible for Static Value). I am using Visual Stdio.Net 2005
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum