Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Conditional Formatting Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Gymnast
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 26 Mar 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote Gymnast Replybullet Topic: Conditional Formatting
     Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 6:09pm
I would like to highlight the Group Header in the report when I click on the drill-down.  I was able to set the properties (Forecolor, Font Size, etc) in the Formatting Formulas section in the Formula Workshop.  But I would like to capture the click event (when I click on the group in the drill-down) and highlight the drilled-down group header in the report.  I have been able to do this in SSRS and have seen this done in CR too..  Help appreciated
IP IP Logged
rkrowland
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 20 Dec 2011
Location: England
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 259
Quote rkrowland Replybullet Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 12:37am
You could split the group header into 2 sections. (Insert in the Section Expert)
 
So you've got group header 1a and group header 1b.
 
Format 1a as you would like it to appear before the drill-down, and 1b as you like it to appear after drill down.
 
In the section expert, select 1a and then click the "X-2" button to the right of the "Surpress" option.
 
Enter the following;
 
drilldowngrouplevel <> 0
 
Now select 1b in section expert, click "x-2" next to "Surpress" and enter this;
 
drilldowngrouplevel <> 1
 
That should get you want you need.
 
As always there's more than one way to skin a cat. You could achieve the same results with only one sections and multiple fields all with the same conditional surpression formulas. I just find it easier to work with multiple separated sections than loads of individual fields inside one section.
 
Regards,
Ryan.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum