Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: compare counts at two different dates Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
swilleyk
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Quote swilleyk Replybullet Topic: compare counts at two different dates
     Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 6:04am
I have a count for students for a semester. I need to be able to list the student count for one date and then for another date. The dates are both user inputs. I currently have a startdate/endate to get the counts for the semesters.

Any suggestions. Is it possible to compare the same field at two different points in time?

Thanks

IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 6:39am
you can use running totals with conditional evaluate formulas
 or
variable formulas (same way idea but not with the running total GUI)
both of these need to be used in footers
or
you might be able to use summary functions (maybe combined with if-then formulas) -this might be able to be ued in a header.
if you eaxplain your data set a little more and how you want it displayed someone wil be able to give more specific directions.
 


Edited by DBlank - 02 Apr 2012 at 6:40am
IP IP Logged
swilleyk
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Quote swilleyk Replybullet Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 7:38am
I am accessing a single table on a database directly through CR. I am pulling in fields to display such as term and student type ie Fr(Freshman)SO(Sophomore) etc. I currently have a count for the total students during a semester broken down by student level. What I need to is pull this same information, but then display in a second column the same information, but for a different year. The years will be selected by the user.
Thanks

IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 7:42am
i would use a crosstab
set the columns to use the year field (selected using  paramters)
your rows can be a combination of the student type and term.
your value would likely be a distinctcount of a studentid
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum