Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Changing datasource location of Crystal reports Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
nikhil_thrissur
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Jan 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote nikhil_thrissur Replybullet Topic: Changing datasource location of Crystal reports
     Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 5:34am
Friends,
 
 
I am newbie to BO.
I am trying to run a crystal report using BO infoview.
The crystal report by default has a datasource location.
Now I want to make this report point to a diferent database.
Ia lready have the ODBC connection to the server but I am unable to edit the datsource info using infoview.
Can somebody help to resolve the issue
Thanks in advance
 
thanks
Nikhil
 
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 3:51am
It's been a long time since I used ODBC, but can't you just change the the database that the ODBC connection is pointing to, and then in the report refresh your database?
 
I don't know what infoview is, so I can't assist in that regard
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
nikhil_thrissur
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Jan 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote nikhil_thrissur Replybullet Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 10:48pm

this is a new server...so i had to create a new connection...

and I am using same credentials and connection name in infoview as well..but still no luck
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 8:16am
If you want to change the datasource of a report on BO, you need to do it from the CMC, or use Crystal Designer and change the datasource there and resave the report to BO.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum