Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Simple Formula? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
lbeau310
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 02 Apr 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote lbeau310 Replybullet Topic: Simple Formula?
     Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 5:27am
I am pretty sure I need a simple formula to do what I am trying to do but can't seem to get it to work.  I have a del_ind checkbox and a field for each record in this table.  I want the report to print the records where the  box is not checked and suppress the ones that are checked.

IF {table_.del_ind} = 1 THEN ''
ELSE {table_.field}

I am pretty new to this so I might be way off Embarrassed

Thanks in advance for the help!!

Lyn Geek
IP IP Logged
rkrowland
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 20 Dec 2011
Location: England
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 259
Quote rkrowland Replybullet Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 5:35am
Hi, that would still print a blank line for the record as you're not surpressing the record you're just setting it to a blank value.
 
Goto the Section expert and select your details section, now look for the "X-2" button to the right of the "Surpress" option.
 
Click into the formula editor and type te following;
 
{table_.del_ind} = 1
 
This will surpress the detail section if the field is flagged.
 
You could also apply a record select filter on the {table_.del_ind} to say you only want to display records where this field = 0.
 
Regards,
Ryan.


Edited by rkrowland - 02 Apr 2012 at 5:38am
IP IP Logged
lbeau310
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 02 Apr 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote lbeau310 Replybullet Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 5:42am
That worked perfectly!  Thank you Smile
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum