Hello all,
I have a problem with using running total in a crosstab. Below is the crosstab after report has been run:
| |
11-Jan |
11-Feb |
11-Mar |
11-Apr |
11-May |
11-Jun |
11-Jul |
| xx |
158 |
254 |
188 |
127 |
128 |
129 |
155 |
| |
131 |
224 |
130 |
110 |
103 |
105 |
119 |
| |
209 |
223 |
129 |
109 |
102 |
104 |
118 |
Data in first raw is only pure distinct count of a database field.
Data in second raw is distinct count of formula, which applies some restrictions and output is null (or 0, I have tried both variations with the same result) or number in the same shape as database field used in the first raw. Generally, numbers in the second raw have to be less or equal to the numbers in first raw. Problem is, that the distinct count counts even nulls (and of course 0's), so the number is in this case always higher than the real result (exactly by 1, to be specific).
Data in third raw is running total based on the database field used in the first and second raw with the same restrictions as restrictions used in the formula from second raw.
And now THE problem: you can see, that numbers in third raw are lower by 1 compared to second raw (which is good - the crosstab shows exactly the numbers I need) everywhere but the first column. I have no idea why the report is showing such bull$%#@. The monthly diversion used in the crosstab is based on the same date used in selection formula. Whenever I change the data range, the first month is always the only one with wrong number shown.
The report is grouped by the date used in crosstab and selection formula, crosstab itself is placed in report footer.
Does anybody have an idea what should I change/check to get the correct data even in the first column? I feel, that the report somehow counts even some data from the past, but it is impossible (or at least I thonk so) due to the restrictions used in selection fromulas.
Many thanks for any advise.
Edited by Grewen - 26 Mar 2012 at 10:25pm