Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Export Group Headers only Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Papercutwd
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Mar 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote Papercutwd Replybullet Topic: Export Group Headers only
     Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 4:48am
I am working on a rather complex (to me) report I would like to export just the group headers to Excel (or CSV or whatever).
 
I do not want to export the data at all - all of what I need is summarized in the headers (and data is too big for excel).  
 
Using Crystal Reports 11.
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 6:48am
I do not know if you suppress the details if it still exports out to Excel.  I cannot think of another solution.
IP IP Logged
Papercutwd
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Mar 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote Papercutwd Replybullet Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 7:56am
I suppressed the results and the data does still export out.
Arg, be nice if suppress exported out only the group headers.   Perhaps there is another way to do what I want to do.
 
Learning crystal decent I suppose, but still seems like I still export to Excel to clean the Crystal up...    I'd like to do Crystal only, but maybe there are limits.   Crystal+Excel do most anything I need.
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum