Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Repeat top two rows on every page Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
sperumb
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 23 Mar 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote sperumb Replybullet Topic: Repeat top two rows on every page
     Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 5:50am
Hi,
I am a newbie and I hope I can get some help. My database returns data in the following format.

Column        Column           Column
Header1        Header2          Header3
data              data               data
data              data               data
data              data               data

So, the top two rows are the column headers and the rest is the data. In Crystal, I am suppressing the top two rows in the details section. In the page header, I created a formula field for each of the Column Headers as ({@Col1}+ChrW(13)+Next({@Col1}));

This is working perfectly fine for the first page. But, for the second page, its showing the column header as 'data data', since its displaying the top two rows of second page. Is there any way I can repeat the top two rows of data on every page?
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 3:53am
in the formula, how about you:
a) use shared/global variables so that they persist across the report
b) use a qualifer/flag so that they only load once.
 
I was thinking of OnFirstRecord, but you have 2 records it looks like.
 
So the next would be to have a record counter, which increments every row and you want <2... I think that there is a report variable about the row number, but since I haven't used, I don't remember what it's called.  I am sure that you can find it in Help.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum